Note: the photo is of the Green Gazpacho (not the almond and lettuce one)!
You can find this recipe in Spanish on: http://www.recetario.es/receta/6221/gazpacho-con-almendras-y-lechuga.html
- 60 g raw unsalted almonds (almendras crudas)
- 150 g green lettuce leaves (hojas de lechuga, verdes)
- 400 g ripe tomatoes (tomates maduras)
- 1 clove garlic (diente de ajo)
- 100 g courgette (calabacín)
- 150 g red pepper (pimiento rojo)
- 50 g cucumber (pepino)
- 600 g water (agua)
- 1 tsp salt (1 cucharadita de sal)
- 1 pinch ground cummin (1 pizca de comino molido)
- 60 g olive oil (aceite de oliva)
- Vinager to taste (vinagre al gusto)
Place the almonds in the jug and program 2 seconds at Speed 10, add the remaining veg and water and whizz another 2.5 minutes at Speed 10.
Add the vinager, olive oil, salt, cummin and program 30 seconds at Speed 8. Chill for a few hours.
Serve very cold with finely chopped lettuce.
Now, having seen this recipe, I’m also going to try a fellow-blogger’s Green Gazpacho (pictured here), made with mainly lettuce, THANKS JANE FOR THIS: http://www.frugal-foodie-recipes.com/Green-Gazpacho.html#.U4cRoihpemE