Ingredients (makes 20-24 biscuits)
– 150g Bourneville Chocolate (chocolate Valor)
– 30g butter
– 35g self-raising flour (harina de repostería)
– 20g cocoa powder (cacao puro en polvo)
– ¼ tsp salt
– ¼ tsp baking powder (levadura Royal)
– 150g sugar
– 1 tsp vanilla essence (extracto de vainilla)
– ½ tsp coffee granules (café soluble)
– 2 whole eggs
– 100g chocolate chips (pepitas de chocolate)
Pre-heat the oven to 190ºC and line a baking tray with grease-proof paper.
Melt the chocolate and butter in a bowl placed over a pan of simmering water, moving constantly.
Mix together the flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking powder. Reserve.
Place the butterfly whisk (mariposa) on the mixer and add the sugar, vanilla essence, coffee granules and eggs. Program 5 mins at 37ºC, Speed 3½. Immediately program a further 5 minutes at the same speed, but without any heat.
Add the chocolate and butter mixture to the above and mix for 20 seconds at Speed 3. Now incorporate the reserved flour and cocoa powder mixture and program 8 seconds at Speed 2½.
Remove the butterfly whisk, add the chocolate chips and mix carefully with a spatula.
Drop half tablespoon portions onto the prepared baking tray, keeping them as separated as possible.
Bake for 8-9 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 2-3 minutes, during which time the biscuits will harden somewhat. Transfer to a cooling rack until completely cold.