This particular recipe is for chicken wings which are baked in the oven after marinating, but you can thighs or legs instead. You can also use chicken breast fillets and fry them instead of baking them. I got this recipe from this site.
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1-1/2 pounds chicken wings
- Whisk together the water, soy sauce, sugar, pineapple juice, vegetable oil, garlic, and ginger in a large glass or ceramic bowl until the sugar has dissolved. Add the chicken wings, coat with the marinade, cover the bowl with plastic wrap, and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat an oven to 180C. Grease baking dishes, and set aside.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade, and shake off excess and place the chicken wings into the prepared baking dishes. Discard the remaining marinade. Bake the wings in the preheated oven until the chicken is cooked through and the glaze is evenly browned, about 1 hour.